● Are you worried about your posture? Do you feel hunched, or that there’s something wrong or uncomfortable about how you ‘hold yourself’?
● Are you worried about the effect your posture has on your health and on how you look and feel, and do you fear it will only get worse in future?
● Have you tried holding yourself differently — pulling your shoulders back, sitting up straight etc — but found you can’t keep it up and that this has never solved the root of the problem?
● Would you be interested in a proven solution that allows you to be effortlessly upright and aligned without having to work to hold yourself a certain way, and that will enable you to maintain this relaxed upright posture as you grow older?
I can teach you how to let go of the excess muscular tension and faulty sense of alignment balance which is the root cause of most cases of ‘bad posture’. This enables you to return to an easy upright alignment without having to make a constant effort or pull yourself into shape. As a bonus you will feel more relaxed, have more energy and vitality, and feel more comfortable in your own skin.
How can it Help?
The Alexander Technique is an intelligent, transformative approach to taking care of yourself and your body — now and in the future.
● Find out how you to stop interfering with your body’s wonderful in-built postural system so you can remain relaxedly free and upright without effort or strain
● People often to ‘grow’ several centimetres in the course of the lessons as they come back to their full height.
● It’s never too late to make a really worthwhile difference
● No need to struggle to maintain a set posture or position, or to feel you need to be pulling yourself into shape all the time
● No repetitive exercises or special equipment needed
● Effectiveness confirmed through scientific studies and almost a hundred years of practical experience
Learning The Technique
The Alexander Technique is best learned in one-to-one lessons.
● I use verbal instructions and hands on guidance to encourage you towards more balanced and relaxed posture and movement.
● I coach you to become aware of subtle unconscious habits that cause excess muscular tension, and as you discover how to stop doing them your body’s innate postural and support system starts do its job.
● I’m not teaching you how to hold yourself in a set position or do ‘good posture’ — your body comes into easy and natural balance and alignment on its own.
● Incidentally, this takes the strain off nerves, muscles and joints, and frees up wasted effort so you feel less stressed, have more energy, and feel more present and alive.
Is it for YOU?
The Alexander Technique is not a quick fix and though having lessons also has therapeutic benefits it is not a 'treatment'. It is something you experience, learn and apply for yourself. You can take what you have learned away with you and it can help you to take care of yourself for the rest of your life.
The Technique is likely to be a good fit for you if:
● You are ready to take responsibility for your own wellbeing and destiny, and to make positive changes in your life in order to grow and change.
● You like to learn new things and are willing to grow and enjoy the journey
● You are willing to commit a little time each day to work with what we do in the lessons.
Why Learn with me?
● I have been a qualified Alexander Technique teacher for over 15 years, since completing a three year, 1600 hour STAT (Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique) approved course in 2001.
● I trained as a teacher having used the Technique to recover from my own debilitating repetitive strain injury. I therefore have an understanding grounded in my own experience of how it can be used to resolve real world problems.
● My approach combines immersion in a long tradition of hands-on work with cutting edge insights from neuroscience and other bodywork modalities.
● I am continually studying, learning and engaging with other disciplines to deepen my teaching practice and broaden what I can offer my students.
I offer a half price (£20) introductory lesson so you can experience the Technique in action and get a sense as to whether or not it is a good fit for you. To arrange this, or to answer any questions, please contact me.